For NAR Ambassador Program, the international Sister-City programs, NAR appoints “partner” state and local REALTOR® associations to each of the foreign cooperating associations. The Ambassador Association works closely with President’s Liaison assigned to that country and NAR’s Regional Coordinator for that part of the world. The program also gives members of the Ambassador Association the opportunity to expand their global business networks and get involved in international real estate activities at the local or state level. Where applicable, the Ambassador Association complements the appropriate “Country Work Groups,” a program designed to allow CIPS Network members from varied geographical locations to focus on doing business in a specific country.
WSGVAR Selected as Ambassador Association to Taiwan (R.O.C.)
The West San Gabriel Valley Association of REALTORS® (WSGVAR) has been selected to serve as the Ambassador Association to Taiwan (R.O.C.) since November 19, 2009 through the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®' (NAR) Global Ambassador Association Program.
As the Ambassador Association to Taiwan (R.O.C.), WSGVAR:
- Hosts and assists delegates from Taiwan during official visits to the U.S.
- Helps delegates from Taiwan navigate NAR's REALTOR Annual Conference and Expo
- Provides association management advice if requested
- Provides opportunities for member-to-member business contacts
2017 Inbound Trade Mission from Philippines, Taiwan, Malaysia
Suzi Dunkel-Soto, 2017 WSGVAR President, Helen Marston, 2017 WSGVAR President-elect, Yin Bihr, 2017 Global Business Council Chair, Tom Berge, Jr., 2017 Global Business Council Co-Chair, and the entire Leadership Team hosted an inbound trade missions from Philippines, Taiwan, and Malaysia in Chicago in November 2017.
On Saturday, November 4, 2017, the Leadership Team met with the Philippines Chamber of Real Estate and Builders Associations (CREBA). The 2017 WSGVAR President, Suzi Dunkel-Soto, on behalf of the WSGVAR, signed the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the CREBA. With MOU, both organizations agreed to promote the adoption of our respective codes of ethics, standards and norms, and the advancement and enforcement generally of standards of professionalism in the real estate industry. The complete MOU can be found at the Association Office. On November 9, 2017, the Philippines delegation visited the WSGVAR Office. Click here for the MOU Signing photos and the delegation visit.
On Friday, November 17, 2017, the Taiwanese real estate association delegation (members of CAREB and NTCREAA) visited the WSGVAR Office to exchange real estate information. Click here for the 2017 Inbound Trade Mission photos.
2016 Outbound Trade Mission to Taiwan
Ling Chow, 2010 WSGVAR President, and Vanessa James, San Gabriel Valley Escrow Association President, conducted a trade mission to Taiwan in November 2016. They visited the Taiwanese real estate association between November 14, 2016 and November 16, 2016. Click here for the photos.
2015 Inbound & Outbound Trade Missions to Taiwan, Malaysia and Indonesia
Inbound Trade Missions:
Tom Berge Jr., 2015 WSGVAR President, led a team of delegates from the West San Gabriel Valley Association of REALTORS® Global Business Council, conducted the inbound trade missions and outbound trade missions in 2015.
- Between November 11, 2014 and November 15, 2014, WSGVAR Global Business Council hosted delegates from Taiwan, Malaysia and Indonesia throughout the NAR Conference and Expo in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- On May 14, 2015, WSGVAR Global Business Council hosted delegates from Taiwan during the REALTOR® Legislative Meetings and Trade Expo in Washington, DC.
Outbound Trade Missions:
- Between July 21, 2015 and August 10, 2015, the WSGVAR delegation visited Taiwan, Malaysia, and Indonesia. During this trade missions, Council members visited the Chinese Association of Real Estate Brokers, the Taipei City Real Estate Agent Association, the New Taipei City Real Estate Agent Association, and the Taichung City Association of Real Estate Brokers in Taiwan. WSGVAR also signed Memoranda of Understanding with New Taipei City Real Estate Agent Association and Taichung City Association of Real Estate Brokers in Taiwan.
- In Malaysia, the Council met with Malaysia Institute of Estate Agents leadership team and members.
- In Indonesia, the Council met with the leadership team and members of the Asosiasi Real Estate Broker Indonesia and the Aliansi Real Estate Agen Indonesia.
2013-14 Outbound Trade Mission from Taiwan, Malaysia, and Indonesia
Our Association hosted inbound trade missions every year since 2010. Last year, we hosted inbound trade missions from Taiwan & Malaysia between November 7, 2013 and November 8, 2013, at the NAR Conference & Expo in San Francisco, CA and at our Association on November 12, 2013 to discuss global real estate topics & to visit luxurious houses in Pasadena and San Marino. Our Council Chair, Gigi Lee, along with two other members participated in the 2014 Real Estate Global Summit in Taipei in April. There, WSGVAR signed the MOU with the Taipei Association of Real Estate Brokers (TAREB).
Between November 11, 2014 and November 15, 2014, WSGVAR hosted delegates from Taiwan, Malaysia and Indonesia throughout the NAR Conference and Expo in New Orleans, Louisiana.
2012 Inbound Trade Mission from Japan
On March 9, 2012, our Association hosted an inbound trade mission from Japan. The Japanese delegation visited our association to learn Multiple Listing Services, zipForm® and Real Estate laws. Please click here for the event photos.
2010 Outbound Trade Mission to Taiwan
The West San Gabriel Valley Association of REALTORS® Global Business Council Committee, as the newly appointed Ambassador Association to Taiwan, has sent a ten-member delegation in a ice-breaking visit to Taiwan from March 29, 2010 to April 04, 2010. The delegation was led by its 2010 WSGVAR President, Ling Chow, 2010 Global Business Council Committee Chair members.
For Taiwan Trade Mission in October, please click here for the latest news.
To links to Taiwanese Associations, click the icon below. Click here to link to other sister Associations in Taiwan.