Webinar: Understanding Home Inspections
Speaker: Tony Escamilla, Villa Home Inspections
Description: Because home inspections are such an integral part of most real estate transactions today, a working knowledge of the inspection process and common findings can be critical to a REALTOR’s sale transaction. This class will not only cover the process of inspection in relation to the sales process but will also cover the basic requirements for things like smoke and carbon monoxide alarms, water heater and the five major systems of a home.
• What exactly is a home inspection?
• Licensing requirements for home inspectors
• Educating the buyer
• Preparing for a home inspection
• Industry standards of practice
• What does the home inspection include and not include
• Inspection basics (interactive with defect photos and prizes)
• Water heaters
• Heating and air condition
• Recalled electrical panels
• Foundations and structural
• Fire safety
• You have the inspection report, now what?
• Estimates and request for repairs
• Question and answer session